- Daliya /Broken wheat -1 cup
- Carrot, chopped- 1/2 cup
- Beans, chopped- 1/2 cup
- Green peas /Matar-1/2 cup
- Cauliflower florets, chopped- 8
- Tomato, chopped- 3/4 cup
- Green chili,chopped-1 tsp
- Ginger, chopped- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2.5 tsp
- Fresh coriander chopped- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Water -2.5 cup
- Mustard seeds /Rai- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds /Jeera- 1/3 tsp
- White lentil/urad daal-1.5 tsp
- Curry leaves-8
- Asafetida /Hing- 1/4 tsp
- Heat the pressure cooker.
- Add all the tempering ingredients and cashew pieces and let them crackle on medium heat.
- Now add daliya and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add all the spices, vegetables (except lemon juice and fresh coriander) and water.
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 2 whistles.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Then open the cooker, add lemon juice and chopped coriander and fluff gently.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestions- serve with yogurt, raita or chutney
NOTE- 1-Daliya is available mainly in two sizes, fine and coarse so use the thicker variety for making this pulao. 2- Amount of water and cooking time may depend on the quality of the daliya so adjust accordingly. 3- add any vegetables of your choice or make it simple and just add tomato.
How to cook Quinoa
Quinoa -1 cup Water/vegetable broth -2 cups Salt (optional)
Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and wash it well under running water.
Add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of quinoa. When water starts boiling, reduce the flame/heat to low.
Cover and cook simmered for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork. Fluffy, light and tasty Quinoa is ready