Pumpkin Dry Vegetable
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 4 cups red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu) cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the fenugreek and mustard seeds and dry roast for 10 seconds.
Add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander powder and chilli powder. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of water and cook while stirring continuously for few minutes.
Add the onions and ginger, and cook while stirring continuously till the onions turn golden brown.
Increase the flame, add the red pumpkin, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and ½ cup of water and cook till the water starts boiling.
Reduce the flame, cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, till the pumpkin becomes tender.
Open the lid, add the dry mango powder and stir well.
Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and serve hot.