Best foods for winter: Since the cold season is here, it is a must to take out our stash of sweaters and blankets to keep ourselves warm. As much as well all love to keep ourselves warm in those sweaters, we also need to keep our bodies warm. There are so many foods that we can have to nourish our body. Winter is the season when we get some of the best of produce.
So, how to have the best of food in this season? What are the best foods for winter? Here are some foods that you need to add to your winter diet.
Best foods for winter:
- Leafy greens: Winter is the season when you will get the freshest of leafy greens. Leafy greens are very healthy and keep your immune system in the best shape. They are also extremely nourishing. Leafy greens are one of the best foods for winter. There are so many recipes that you can try out with fresh leafy greens such as spinach, fenugreek, sarson.
- Soups: Who doesn’t love a cup of warm soup on a cold winter day? Soups, along with keeping you warm will also do the work of nourishing your body. You can try out various soups with the array of fresh produce that is available in winter. Soups are one of the best foods for winter. You can find some great and unique soup recipes here. You can try these nourishing soups every other day.
- Nuts and dried foods: We all know how good nuts and dry fruits are for us. But, they are especially good in the winters. Nuts help generate heat inside our body. Along with the heat, they also give you energy. Nuts are one of the best foods for winter. You can binge on some nuts and dried fruits as snacks.
- Methi and gond laddus: These laddus are made in almost every Indian household during the winter season. These are made during winters for the amazing health benefits that they possess. Methi and gond laddus also produce heat in our body and at the same time they are extremely healthy.
Whole grains: Yes, we have these throughout the year. But winter is season for other whole grains such as ‘hurda’, also known as tender jowar. Along with being tasty, it is also very healthy. So, grains such as tender jowar and bajra should be included in your winter diet. These are one of the best foods for winter.
- Amla: We get amla only during the winters. This sour fruits that is rich in vitamin C has many health benefits. It is also very good for your skin and hair. So many recipes can be made from amla, also known as Indian gooseberry. It is one of the best foods for winter. Here are some of the most amazing health benefits of amla.
Other foods that are great for winter include pomegranates, ginger, oats and citrus fruits.