Buttermilk health benefits: Buttermilk is what remains after the cream is churned for making clarified butter or what we call ‘ghee’. This sour in taste beverage is a very popular drink in India and drunk in almost every household. Buttermilk can also be made by diluting some cure with water and a little bit of salt. Cumin powder, green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves are also sometimes added to buttermilk for an enhanced taste. It is known as ‘chaas’ in Hindi.
Most people are in the habit of drinking a glass of buttermilk or chaas daily. It is a great beverage to have after a meal. The habit of drinking buttermilk has been since generations for the amazing health benefits that it has. It is low in calories and fat. Let’s take a look at some buttermilk health benefits.
It is an especially wonderful drink for the summers. It is highly refreshing and cools us down. With summer around the corner, let’s take a look at buttermilk health benefits and the need to add it to our diets.
Buttermilk health benefits:
- It is a great way to end you meal with a glass of buttermilk. It is great for your digestive system, improves digestion and also soothes your stomach. It also helps fight acidity, wash down any oily food if you have had. All in all, it is an amazing post-meal drink to have. It is one of the best buttermilk health benefits.
- Buttermilk is a great source of protein, potassium, carbohydrates, vitamin B12 and calcium. So, drinking it is a great way to up on those nutrients.
- Containing the good bacteria, drinking buttermilk also has positive effects on your immunity.
- Did you know that buttermilk also aids in weight loss? Wee, yes it does. Drinking a few glasses of buttermilk can help you to shed some weight. So if you want to lose weight, it’s a great idea to add buttermilk to your diet. It is one of the best buttermilk health benefits.
- If you are facing an acid reflux, buttermilk can reduce your acidity.
- Buttermilk is also great for your skin. By drinking it regularly, your skin can improve.
- Being rich in calcium, buttermilk is great for your bone health. It is one of the best buttermilk health benefits.
- Buttermilk is also great to prevent dehydration. Drinking it can help you from getting dehydrated. So, it’s the perfect drink for summers.
- It is great for lactose intolerant people too. So, if you are lactose intolerant, buttermilk is a great way to get your calcium.
- Buttermilk also detoxifies your body. Buttermilk contains riboflavin that helps in getting rid of toxins from your body by helping your liver function properly. It is one of the best buttermilk health benefits.
- Buttermilk also contains some substances that help in lowering blood pressure.
So, with all the benefits discussed above, it’s certain that buttermilk is the ultimate drink. So, if you haven’t already, you need to add buttermilk to your diet.