Fox nuts health benefits: For nuts or popularly known as ‘makhana’ in India is the seed of the lotus flower. They are round white seeds with some tiny brown dots on them. These seeds are highly nutritious. The plant that bears these seeds grows in Eastern Asia.
Makhana is a popular evening snack in many Indian households. When trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle and diet changes, makhana is a great option. It is light and makes for an excellent snack. It is a great option to replace your packets of fried chips with a hearty and healthy bowl of makhana.
How to make makhana snack:
Just roast the makhana or fox nut seeds over some ghee. Add salt to it. Roast them till they are crispy. You can also add some spice powders if you like. And, munch away! This is the best snack to have with your evening tea or coffee.
You can store this in an airtight container.
Fox nuts health benefits:
Now that we know what fox nuts are and how they can be had, let’s take a look at fox nuts health benefits:
- These are low in calories and also make you feel full. So, this makes fox nuts an ideal snack for all the weight watchers. This is one of the best fox nuts health benefits. Hence, these also make for an ideal snack for all those between-meal hunger pangs.
- Fox nuts are also low in sodium, fat as well as cholesterol. Due to low sodium content, makhanas are also ideal for heart patients. This is also one of the best fox nuts health benefits.
- It is also the ideal snack for diabetics because of its low glycaemic index.
- Makhanas are also known to slow down the process of ageing since it is rich in antioxidants. This is again, one of the best fox nuts health benefits.
- Owing to its high potassium and magnesium content, makhana is also ideal for people suffering from high blood pressure.
- Additionally, makahana is also great for people with kidney issues. This is also one of the best fox nuts health benefits.
- Being rich in fiber, makhana is great for digestion and also prevents constipation. This is another one of the best fox nuts health benefits.
- It is good to improve fertility in both men and women. The sperm quality is also believed to improve in men.
- For people with insomnia, makhana is great too since it is believed to control insomnia.
- Makhana is also rich in protein and carbohydrates.
- Consumption of makhana is also known to make the bones strong.
All in all we can conclude that there are many fox nuts health benefits. Moreover, it can be had by all age groups. It is also ideal to eat this seed even if you are suffering from some specific illness.
So make sure to add makhana in your diet, if you haven’t already!