Health benefits of broccoli are many and it is considered as one of the healthiest vegetables available to us. Broccoli belongs to the cruciferous vegetables’ family. The best dietician in India says that it is a powerhouse of nutrients. Along with other nutrients, broccoli is a great source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C and dietary fibre. So, let’s take a look at some of the many health benefits of broccoli.
1. Cancer Prevention: The best dietician in India says that broccoli contains a component known as sulforaphane. This component is known for its cancer preventing properties. Thus, eating broccoli can help in reducing the risk of certain types of cancers.
2. Good for bone health: Online dieticians say that calcium and Vitamin K are necessary for bone health. Broccoli contains both of these nutrients in abundance. Hence, broccoli aids in bone health.
3. Good for the immune system: Broccoli also contains many phytochemicals as well as antioxidants. Being loaded with them makes broccoli good for the immune system.
4. Rich in antioxidants: Online dieticians say that foods that contain antioxidants have numerous health benefits. One such food is broccoli. Being rich in antioxidants, broccoli is very good for the skin. Along with it, the antioxidants also help in fighting cell damage. Hence, the best dietician in India says that broccoli should be incorporated in our daily diet.
5. Heart health: Another one of the health benefits of broccoli is that it is good for our heart. Broccoli contains fibres, fatty acids and vitamins that make it good for heart health. Also, the component sulforaphane has anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Eye care: Another one of the benefits of broccoli is that it is excellent for eye care. Broccoli also contains beta-carotene, which is known to be good for the eyes. Along with it, broccoli also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin E and vitamin K which are also known to be good for the eyes.
Many online dieticians strong recommend making broccoli a part of your daily diet. Also, containing fewer calories, broccoli will be excellent part of your weight loss diet, cholesterol diet etc. To know how you can incorporate broccoli in various ways into your diet and effectively, you ca consult a registered dietician or an online dietician.