Heart is one of the most vital organs of our body. It is responsible for just about everything that gives our body life by pumping blood to the rest of our body parts. So it is very essential that we keep this organ of ours healthy and in good shape for better functioning by providing it with necessary food and thus preventing the cause of cardiovascular diseases. The best dietician in India says that you should include the following foods in your diet for a healthy heart:
· Green leafy vegetables: The best dietician in India says that eating green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, fenugreek etc. is good for the heart and will reduce the risk of heart diseases since they are high in fibre. They also contain folic acid, magnesium, calcium etc. which are good for the heart.
· Oats: The best dietician in India says that oats is another heart healthy food. Oats contain beta glucan that lowers LDL cholesterol and therefore oats is very good for the heart.
· Whole grains: Whole grains such as wheat, barley etc. are another excellent food for the heart. Whole grains are rich in fibre and vitamins, and hence they are good for the heart. The best dietician in India says that regular consumption of whole grains can reduce blood pressure too.
· Nuts: Nuts contain the good fats and they are also rich sources of omega 3s. The best dietician in India says that consuming them regularly will reduce your risk of heart diseases. Consuming them regularly will also help you to reduce bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
· Chickpeas: Chickpeas are a very good source of fibre. The best dietician in India says that consuming chickpeas will also help you to lower your bad cholesterol and raise high cholesterol.
· Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is rich in flavanols, which can help you to lower blood pressure. The best dietician in India says that consuming dark chocolate in moderation is very good for your heart.
· Tomatoes:Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and fibre and also in lycopene, and the combination of these nutrients can help to prevent heart diseases and have a healthy heart.