Top healthy fruits and their benefits: Who doesn’t love fruits? The juicy and sweet fruits are loved by all. But did you know that these come packed with loads of nutrients and hence, lots of health benefits too? Fruits make excellent snacks. Let’s take a look at our favourite fruits and what all nutritional and health benefits they possess. Top healthy fruits and their benefits: Let’s take a look at top healthy fruits and their benefits: • Apple: Let’s start our list of top healthy fruits and their benefits with apple. Apple is one of the most cultivated and consumed fruits in the world. As we all have heard the saying ‘An apple a day keeps doctor away’, let’s look at the nutritional benefits of apple. Apple nutrients: A medium sized apple contains about 95 calories. Apples are high in carbohydrates as well as vitamin C. They are also rich in dietary fibre and antioxidants. Apples can promote heart health and also reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer.
• Banana: Bananas are also one of the most cultivated and consumed fruits in the world. This fruit makes you feel satiated and is one of the healthiest. Banana nutrients: A medium sized banana contains about 105 calories. Bananas are a great source of potassium, folate and vitamin B6. Bananas are great for digestion, help reduce blood pressure and make you feel full for longer.
• Pomegranate: The next in our list of top healthy fruits and their benefits are pomegranates. These little seeds are sweet and juicy. Pomegranate nutrition: An average pomegranate contains about 233 calories. It is high in fibre. These are also a great source of vitamin C. Pomegranates are also rich in antioxidants. Pomegranates are believed to have great anti-inflammatory properties and are also known to keep blood pressure levels in check.
• Mango: Mango is a fruit that is loved by almost everyone. It is a summer special fruit which comes in many varieties. Mango nutrition: An average mango has about 200 calories. Mangoes are extremely rich in Vitamin C. They also contain a great amount of vitamin A. Mangoes may help prevent cancer, are great for the skin, improve eye health and also help with digestion.
• Papaya: The next in our list of top healthy fruits and their benefits is papaya. Papaya nutrition: A half portion of a medium sized papaya contains about 59 calories. Papayas are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C and folate. Papaya is great for the skin, promotes a healthy heart, may improve digestion and also prevents inflammation.
• Orange: Another one of the most popular and common fruits is orange. Orange nutrition: An orange contains about 62 calories. It is extremely rich in vitamin C. Oranges are good for the skin, promote a healthy immune system, lower cholesterol and keep blood pressure in check.
• Watermelon: The next in our list of top healthy fruits and their benefits is watermelon. It is another one of summer special fruits that is loved by all/ Watermelon nutrition: One cup watermelon contains about 46 calories. Watermelons have very high water content. So, these are great for summer to stay hydrated, weight loss and are also great for your skin.