Tuberculosis is the increasingly spreading disease in the world and causes more deaths today than ever before. Luckily the government of India is taking some necessary steps and doing a lot of efforts to cure Tuberculosis form India completely before it becomes dominant. And in the past years, the government has successfully decreased the deaths caused by tuberculosis. The continuous efforts made by our government did this. The treatment and checkups are conducted free of cost at government hospitals all across the country. Even the government hospitals are now towards development and are being modernized with latest machines and medical aid. But according to the stats tuberculosis kills 8,000 people a day that is 2-3 million people a year across the whole world.
But we Indians should be proud that we contribute an almost negligible amount of data in this deadly statistics. So how it is caused? The answer to this that TB is usually transmitted by bacteria-carrying air droplets that are released when a person sick with TB coughs, sneezes, or speaks.That's why it is recommended and adviced to rush to the doctor if such things last more than a week. Inhaled bacteria lodge in the lungs and multiply rapidly just like the world's population that is increasing every second. Only 5 to 10 percent of those infected actually become sick. Once it is contracted, the disease can occur in a primary and a secondary stage.
Little was known about how to fight or cure tuberculosis and there was also little research done on tuberculosis. It wasn't until the nineteenth century that great studies were made in helping find a cure for tuberculosis. Thanks to this great man for saving our lives form this deadly disease.
And the thing to worry about is that Alcohol and drug abuse are some of the popular means in which infection can occur and since the drugs weaken the immune system, the spread of the ailment can be rather fast.
Control and Prevention:
Following steps need to be undertaken to control the spread of tuberculosis:
1. Health and general sanitary conditions of the community should be taken good care of.
2. Every human being should live in fresh air and sunshine. Open space for fresh air should be provided in the streets, markets, buildings etc.
3. Patient should be isolated.
4. Tuberculosis is curable and should be diagnosed at the earliest so that treatment can be provided before its severity increases.
5. Rehabilitation of tuberculosis patient after he has recovered is very important. Therefore Tuberculosis can be cured, just need some attention and good treatment at good time.