- Beetroots, roughly chopped - 40 g
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Bottle gourd (lauki/doodhi),roughly chopped - 25g
- Carrots, roughly chopped - 20g
- Garlic cloves, mashed - 10g
- Crushed black peppercorns - 1/4th tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add beetroot and mix. Add bottle gourd, carrots, garlic cloves, crushed black peppercorns, salt and mix.
- Add 4 cups water and mix well. Cover with the lid and cook under pressure till 2-3 whistles are given out. Open the lid when the pressure reduces completely, cool the mixture and grind to a smooth puree.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl. Heat a non stick pan, pour the soup into it and water to adjust consistency and bring it to a boil.
- Transfer into serving bowls and serve hot.