Take water One cup and add vegetables of your choice like onion, garlic, tomato, chopped beans , peas or any other vegetable of your choice with little salt and kali mirch. Boil till the vegetables become soft. Now turn off the flame and Add(3- 4 )Tablespoon of plain oats or saffola sachet ( half)…..wait for ten minutes and then you can serve.
Milk Oats: take half cup water and half cup of milk. Boil. Add 3-4 table spoon oats to this and cook for one minute. You can add fruits, nuts and honey to this.
Daliya (Cracked wheat) with vegetable
- 1/2 cup broken wheat (dalia)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- salt to taste
For The Garnish 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- boil the broken wheat in 2 cups of hot water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker, and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and carrots, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the broken wheat, salt and 1¼ cups of water mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Garnish with coriander and keep aside to cool slightly.