Easy steam chicken
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Add all ingredients to list
- Place chicken and salt in a bowl. Evenly rub salt into chicken. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Rinse chicken and place in a pot fitted with a steamer basket over water. Bring water to a boil, and steam chicken until juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Mix in garlic, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil, and remove from heat. Scoop over the chicken to serve. Garnish with cilantro.
The sodium amount listed in the nutrition for this recipe does not include the 1 cup salt, much of which will rinsed off in Step 2