- Whole Wheat Flour 20 gms
- Gram Flour (Besan) 10 gms
- A pinch of Saboot Dhania (Coriander Seeds)
- A pinch of Ajwain
- A pinch of Jeera Powder
- Garam Masala- 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) ½ tsp
- A pinch of Red chili powder
- Salt use minimum, per taste
- Green chillie ½ small
- Chopped Coriander Leaves 1 tsp
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Oil 1 tsp
- Water to knead Missi Roti
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING MISSI ROTI:
- Mix Wheat flour, gram flour, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, jeera powder, coriander seeds, garam masala, finely chopped green chilly, finely chopped coriander leaves and crushed kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Now add 1/2 tsp oil and rub it into the flour. Slowly add water little by little and make soft dough and keep it covered with damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and make small balls.
- Roll into a slightly thick chapati than usual. Pre-heat the nonstick and cook the missi roti with 1/4 tsp oil. Serve hot with curd.
- It can also be cooked in an oven or tandoor.
- Instead of tawa you can bake them in a home tandoor as well.
- Variations: You can also add fresh methi leaves instead of dried methi, grated ginger and even chopped onion.