For the tortillas
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/4 cup low fat milk (99% fat free, readily available in the market)
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
To be mixed into a stuffing
- 1/2 cup grated low fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup boiled yellow sweet corn kernels
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, without pulp
- salt to taste
For the tortillas Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead to a soft, smooth dough by adding enough warm water.
Knead the dough well and keep for ½ an hour. Knead again.
Divide it into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") tortilla with the help of a little flour.
Cook lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle) and keep aside.
How to proceed
When you want to serve, place a tortilla on a flat dry surface and spread a little stuffing on it. Put another tortilla on top and press well so that they stick.
Repeat with remaining tortillas and stuffing to make more quesadillas.
Cook on a medium flame on a non-stick tava (griddle) on both sides until crisp.
Cut into 25 mm (1") pieces and serve immediately.