- Spinach - 1 bowl
- Onions chopped - 1 katori
- Garlic finely chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Brown rice soaked in 2 cups of water - 15g
- Soya milk/low fat milk - 30ml
- Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red capsicum - for garnishing
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1/2 tsp.
- Heat 1 cup water in a deep non-stick pan, add spinach and cook.
- Heat oil in another non-stick pan; add garlic and onions and saute for a minute.
- Add brown rice with the water in which it was soaked and cook till brown rice is done. Switch off the heat.
- Add the brown rice mixture to the spinach mixture and mix well. Switch off the heat, strain, cool and grind with milk to a smooth puree.
- Heat this puree in another deep non-stick pan.
- Add salt and pepper powder and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a soup bowl, sprinkle pepper powder, garnish with red capsicum strips and serve immediately.