- Tomatoes cut into big cubes 2 big
- Oats 1 tsp.
- Garlic [chopped]- 1 tbsp.
- Bay leaves- 1
- Carrot [ chopped ] -1 small
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp.
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
- Oil ½ tsp
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan, add garlic and saute for a minute. Add bay leaves and carrot and mix well. Add tomatoes, salt and black pepper powder and mix well. Add 1 cup water and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Cover and continue to cook, on medium heat, for 5 minutes Switch off heat, cool, strain, discard the bay leaves and grind the residue to make a smooth paste and set aside.
- Add the strained liquid to the same deep non-stick pan along with ground paste and mix well.
- Adjust seasonings if required. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Serve piping hot garnished with springs of mint leaves.