- Red kidney beans (rajma),soaked - 30g
- Tomatoes, pureed - 20g
- Carrot,½ centimeter cubes - 10g
- French beans,1/2 centimeter pieces - 5g
- Fresh button mushrooms, chopped - 25g
- Green capsicum,1/2 centimeter pieces - 10g
- Onion - 15g
- Garlic - 5g
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped - 15g
- Vegetable stock - 150g
- Salt - to taste
- Red chilly powder - 1/4th tsp
- Pressure-cook red kidney beans with onion and garlic till soft.
- Drain and reserve the cooking liquor. Mash the kidney beans lightly and set aside. Separate the coriander leaves from the stems. Discard the stems and reserve the leaves for garnishing.
- Mix lightly mashed kidney beans with the cooking.
- Stir in pureed tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Add carrot, French beans and vegetable stock or water. Continue to simmer till carrots are cooked. Stir in mushrooms, salt, red chilly powder and capsicum.
- Simmer for five minutes. Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.