- Vegetable broth/ Plain water - 1 cup
- Tomatoes, diced - 1
- Fresh basil, chopped - 1 tbsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Carrots, chopped - 1
- Celery, chopped - 1-2 stalks
- Onion, chopped - ½
- Zucchini, chopped - 1
- Green beans, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Garlic, minced - 1 clove
- Bay leaf - 1
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Whole wheat pasta - ½ cup
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients except the pasta. Simmer over low heat for at least one hour, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the pasta and bring to a slow simmer. Cook for another 20 minutes, or until pasta is done cooking.
- Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!