1 1/2 cups semolina (rava) 1/2 cup curds (dahi) 1 1/2 tsp green chilli paste 2 teaspoon oil salt to taste 1 1/2 tsp fruit salt 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) 1 tsp sesame seeds (til) 1/4 tsp hing 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania) For Serving green chutney
- Combine the semolina, curds, green chilli paste, 1 tsp oil, salt and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl, whisk well, cover with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Just before steaming the dhoklas, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter immediately into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 12 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the dhoklas, sprinkle the coriander evenly over it.
- Cool slightly, cut into squares pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.