Ingredients 2 cups thick (mota) poha 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds 3 tablespoons peanuts 1/2 cup minced onion (about 1 medium onion) 6 curry leaves 1 green chili, minced 1/2 cup boiled, or frozen green peas. Both are optional (capcicum. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder 1 teaspoon lime juice 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
Method Place the poha in a colander and wash it under cold water. Set aside to drain. Do this just before cooking – the poha shouldn’t sit for more than 10 minutes (or it will get mushy).
- Heat the 1 tsp oil in a wok and add black mustard seeds. When they pop, add the peanuts and cook on medium heat till the peanuts turn lightly golden.
- Then add the onion, curry leaf and green chili. Sauté on medium heat till the onion is translucent.
- Then add the cubed potatoes or green peas, if using. Stir well.
- Sprinkle turmeric and salt. Stir and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the drained poha and lime juice. Cook on low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.