- Lentils 15g
- Barley 15g
- Split peas 10g
- Carrots 10g
- Celery - 4 stalks
- Onion 15g
- Cabbage 10g
- Water as required
- Mixed herbs - 1 tsp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak lentils, barley and split peas overnight or minimum of 2 hours - then rinse until water runs.
- Clear to remove unwanted starch.
- Add water and boil pulses for 30 minutes. Add mixed herbs.
- Grate 1/2 of the vegetables and finely chop the other 1/2.
- Add the chopped vegetables and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the grated vegetables and simmer for 15-30 minutes. Add a little salt and pepper.
- Eat straight away or next day when flavours have infused more.